Can you believe it? The First Friday of the Month and the First Friday of Lent. What a day to try to grow in holiness? Graces abound today, I’m sure.
The Readings at Mass–awesome!
Here is the “fasting” that the Lord wants from us:
- releasing those bound unjustly
- untying the thongs of the yoke
- setting free the oppressed
- breaking every yoke
- sharing our bread with the hungry
- sheltering the oppressed and the homeless
- clothing the naked when we see them
- not turning our back on our own
WOW! the prophet Isaiah pretty much lays it out Lent for us. (Is 58:1-9a)
Then we learned today in Psalm 51:19: “My sacrifice, O God is a contrite spirit; a heart contrite and humbled, O God, You will not spurn.”
There was also a promise today from Is 58:8. “The glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.”
It’s very nice to know that He has my back. Like I said, doesn’t get any better than this!