I just looked at my most recent blog post on this site and realized that I haven’t posted anything since April. It’s not as if my life has been so busy that I couldn’t write. I think I was totally wrapped up in unimportant things like Facebook and just didn’t do what I really like to do which is reading, writing, and art.
I have started creating again. In fact, I just finished making an Art-Journal for a friend of mine for her birthday. (BTW, she loved it!) That got the juices flowing again and I’m ready to finish some of the projects that have been hanging around since I retired last October and start some new ones.
I am reading at least a book a week. That’s a good thing. Working my way through some series that I had been wanting to read for years.
Now, we have to tackle the writing part of the big three. Thought I’d begin today with some random thoughts that I have been having. Fortunately (or unfortunately) my mind is always busy; so much so, that sometimes I can’t quiet it enough at night to get decent sleep. However, I digress.
So here are my thoughts in an entirely random order.
- We watched “Superman versus Batman” last night. Not the worst movie I have ever seen. I don’t understand the “hype” over it though. I’m glad that we didn’t pay movie theater prices to see it.
- This election cycle has me stymied. How did we get here where our only choices for President are a narcissistic business man and a narcissistic criminal? Really, the only principled vote for me is to not vote for either. As I have explained to others, I have been working in the pro-life movement for 40 years. In all that time, not a single pre-born baby has been protected by law. The most that our lawmakers have done is “regulate” abortion. They have never understood that one doesn’t regulate evil and expect to retain one’s soul. No matter who is in the White House or Congress, my work will continue as I try to save lives (and souls) one at a time. I’m reminded of what John Adams said. Only a moral people are able to govern themselves. We have ceased to be moral as a nation so we have ceased to be great. Greatness cannot be restored until we turn back to God.
- I pray for our Pope, Francis. He has managed to sow confusion where there should be none. Of course, as a mother of 6, all of whom are in irregular unions, I would love that he would be right and that they aren’t living in a state of objective mortal sin. However, I believe that Jesus spoke the truth and so I pray continually for them and their spouses that they return to the faith that they were baptized in and get their messes cleaned up before it’s too late.
- Another mess that has me stymied is gay faux marriage and transgenderism. Sodom and Gomorrah have nothing on this world that we live in now. I know that people have been homosexual since the beginning of time; however it wasn’t in my face all the time. Just like I want to keep my life in the bedroom private, I wish they would, too. Sodomy is the only sin that has its own parade. And, make no mistake, it is a sin. I know that the Church dances around it by calling the act but not the inclination a sin. Jesus, though, told us that even if we lust in our hearts, we commit sin. Doesn’t matter who one lusts for, man or women, does it?
- I was going to say that I don’t understand the whole bathroom thing. This wouldn’t be totally accurate, though. This is just another thing to distract us from what is truly going on in our country–total moral decay and the total breakdown of decency and the family. This has been going on for about 50 years. Fifty-eight million dead babies later. . .is it any wonder that we are sliding to perdition on a highway greased with Pam? (I think I’m mixing a whole lot of metaphors, but you get the idea.)
I think that’s enough for today. I plan on writing much, much more in the future. I’ve given up Facebook, so I will have more time for the things that matter. I might lurk on FB once a week for a half-hour so I can keep up with what some of my grandchildren are doing. And, then again, I might not. They know how to reach me if it’s important.
Can I get a great AMEN!?
3 responses to “Rambling Thoughts”
A great big amen for me on the presidential elections and frustration that so few understand what abortion is! I’m planning on writing in a candidate. I won’t be silenced.
Always interesting to hear people’s thoughts – glad you shared.
You’re right. The disorders which the Left is trying to legitimize have been around since the beginning. After all, ever since The Fall in the Garden of Eden, we have been in a fallen state. Legalizing sin through the courts doesn’t change the immorality of it. It only make us look like misbehaving teenagers to God.
Back to sinful inclinations, they only become sins if we dwell on them. Because of the aforementioned fallen state, inclinations will always be with us and are beyond human control. Our responsibility lies in whether we lust after one another, power, greed, etc. instead of trying to resist temptations. — Tony